Gresh & Zo’s No Huddle: This Week Around The NFL
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
Buy Patriots Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
It’s time for another quick “No Huddle” trip around the NFL with Gresh and Zo. Hardy fires off questions rapid-fire and plays some audio from this week in the NFL.
1. The Falcons beat the Saints 23-13 as Drew Brees struggled to keep his offense on the field. Brees threw for five interceptions and also mismanaged the clock before halftime that cost the Saints at least three points. New Orleans is now 5-7 on the year and officially under the nine and a half Vegas win total.
2. Alex Smith was officially named the number two quarterback for the 49ers this week. He spoke about it for the first time yesterday.
3. Performance enhancing drugs have been a hot button issue this week with the NFL suspensions. Brandon Marshall decided to chime in on the situation.
4. Did you see that the Jaguars have tried to imitate the Pittsburgh Steelers in the marketing department? The Steelers have the “Terrible Towel” and now Jacksonville has the “Jag Rag”. We are not sure how long this has been out, but we did find a song that was posted in August.
Another side note on the Jags, they announced they will pull the tarps off of the covered sections of their stadium for their December 9th game against the Jets because of overwhelming demand. Any guesses why?
5. The Carolina Panthers are 3-8 this season, but they have an even worse record in another aspect. The Team has been 0-12 on the coin toss. The Panthers have not won a single coin toss all season long! This has prompted the team to reach out to fans. They want the fans to pick heads or tails for this weekend’s game. You can vote on their Facebook page.