Saugus Gas Leak Forces Evacuations Of Dialysis Center, Shopping Plaza
SAUGUS (CBS) – A dialysis center and a shopping plaza were evacuated due to a gas leak on Pine Street.
Augustine’s Shopping Plaza was evacuated before 10 a.m. and multiple ambulances were called to the scene to evacuate a dialysis center, according to police.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz reports
A National Grid spokesperson said work was being done to install a water line in the area by a third-party contractor and a gas line was struck by mistake.
National Grid was called to the scene to shut down the gas line.
The evacuations were precautionary and people were let back into surrounding buildings around 10:30 a.m., according to National Grid.
No injuries have been reported.
Stay with CBS Boston for updates as they become available.