Patriots-Colts Fun Facts
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
Buy Patriots Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – It’s not the Brady-Manning battle we’re used to seeing when the Patriots and Colts matchup, but Sunday’s game at Gillette will have plenty of excitement with Andrew Luck making his Gillette debut.
Here are some fun facts from the Patriots-Colts rivalry:
- This will be the 200th consecutive sellout, including playoff and preseason games, for the Patriots. That dates back to the 1994 season opener.
- Since 2010, the Patriots are 17-0 in the second half of the regular season.
- The Pats have a record of 36-8 at home after Halloween dating back to 2002.
- The last time the Patriots lost in the second half of the regular season was a 34-27 loss to the Houston Texans in the 2009 regular season finale.
What To What For: Talib, Ridley and a Brady-Luck Showdown
- On Sunday, the Pats and the Colts will play each other for the 76th time in the history of the franchises, and for the 10th straight time in the regular season.
- New England is 20-10 against Indy since 1993 and have won 17 of the last 24 games in this series.
- The Pats have scored 20 or more points against the Colts in 22 of their last 24 meetings.
- Including the postseason, the Patriots are 46-29 against the Colts. They are 26-12 against Indy at home.
- As the Patriots head coach, Bill Belichick is 10-6 against the Colts.
- Former Patriots kicker Adam Vinatieri, safety Sergio Brown, and corner Darius Butler are all present members of the Indianapolis Colts.
- Patriots Head coach Bill Belichick earned his first coaching job in the NFL in 1975 as a special assistant for the Baltimore Colts.
Battleground Maps: Better Sunday – Brady Or Luck?
- Tom Brady has two rushing touchdowns this season. He needs one more to tie his single season-career high of 3 set in 2011.
- Tom Brady needs 417 passing yards to move past Dan Fouts into 10th place on the career passing yards list.
- Wes Welker has 16 10-plus catch games for his career, tied with Marvin Harrison. He needs one more to tie Jerry Rice for most 10-plus catch games in NFL history.
- Bill Belichick has 198 career victories and needs just two more to become the eighth NFL coach with 200 victories.
Follow Levan Reid on CBSBostonsports.com and on Twitter @LevanReid all Patriots’ season long!