I am rather saddened at the number of people who vote based solely on party affiliation and ignore a candidate’s debate performance. It bothers me because they are empowering a person that they just don’t know.
One can watch campaign commercials until one is blue (or red) in the face and still have no clue at all what actually resides in a candidate’s heart.
All voters should keep an open mind during the debates because, while the party machine presents a slick image, a debate performance, even a single debate question, may draw back the curtain of a carefully crafted persona and reveal a totally unacceptable option. An unexpected question may show that there is actually no “there” there, or even worse, that your likely selection really leans in a direction that makes you nervous.
Please, watch or listen to every major debate just to make sure you are voting for the candidate you believe him/her to be.
Click play to take a look at this Jay Talking video to see how many voters actually consider the debates before casting their vote.
- Join Bradley Jay for the Jay Talking radio show Sunday nights at ten.
- See more videos at Jay Talking page and click for all Bradley Jay blogs.
- Sign up for Jay Talking newsletters.
- Follow Bradley Jay on twitter.com/jaytalkingwbz
- Check out the Jay Talking Facebook page at facebook.com/jaytalking