The trick to getting an accurate reading on the current political mood in this country is to find a spot that supplies a dynamic pool of voters. Airports are good, but a train is more fun.
So I grabbed my trusty camera and road-worn Jay Talking microphone and hit the rails to get outside the familiar “blue state” box that is Massachusetts. I wanted to play an “away game” to get a more accurate sense of how America feels about the presidential race and the current state of the American political process.
So I flew to Chicago and took Amtrak’s “Empire Builder” line all the way to Seattle.
The trip was forty-six hours long. No hotels and no sleeper car. It was all about making new friends as “the land of the free and the home of the brave” zipped by the windows.
About half of the people I spoke to are voting for one candidate while the other half are undecided. This does not bode well for the other candidate. Find out who was the big winner on the Empire Builder.
Click play to enjoy the scenery as fellow Americans share their thoughts with you.
- Join Bradley Jay for the Jay Talking radio show Sunday nights at ten.
- See more videos at Jay Talking page and click for all Bradley Jay blogs.
- Sign up for Jay Talking newsletters.
- Follow Bradley Jay on twitter.com/jaytalkingwbz
- Check out the Jay Talking Facebook page at facebook.com/jaytalking