Gresh & Zo’s No Huddle: Why Was Vick Still Playing?
Mike Flynn was is filling in for Zo on Friday and the guys took the focus off of the Patriots and took a look around the NFL. Hardy shot five quick questions to get Gresh and Flynn’s quick answers.
1. Michael Vick hit his hand on a player’s helmet and hurt his thumb in the first preseason game. With just under ten minutes left in the second quarter of this first game Hardy asks, what was Vick still doing in the game?
2. The Baltimore Raven lost tight end Ed Dickson to a shoulder injury in their first preseason game after losing Dennis Pitta previously to a broken hand. Joe Flacco is in a contract year, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are one year older. Does Baltimore take a step back this year?
3. Right now the NFL has replacement referees working games as the refs try to work out new contracts with the league. The guys listen to a call from the Baltimore Ravens and Atlanta Falcons game and replacement referee Craig Ochoa saying Arizona instead of Atlanta, twice! Ochoa had been released midway through the last Lingerie Football League season as a referee. The guys discuss the refs holding out and the affect it could have on games.
4. Terrell Owens just signed with the Seattle Seahawks, what kind of year will he have?
5. People are talking about Olympic runner Usain Bolt and how he should get an NFL tryout because of his speed. Which NFL player would the guys like to see in the Olympics and what sports would they be playing?