2-Year-Old Boy Recovering After Home Fireworks Explosion
PELHAM, N.H. (AP) — A 2-year-old boy who was seriously injured in a fireworks accident in New Hampshire is doing better.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030′s Bernice Corpuz reports.
Ben Bertini was injured in the accident last week at his grandparents’ home in Pelham.
He was put into a medically induced coma at Shriners Hospital in Boston. Doctors brought him out of it; he was awake and speaking as of Tuesday.
Ben is currently receiving skin grafts.
Eight adults and five children were injured in the blast on July 3.
Meanwhile, a fund set up to help his family has generated more than $6,000 so far.
The incident is under investigation by the Pelham Police and Fire departments, the State Fire Marshal’s Office and the Hillsborough County Attorney’s Office.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.