Local

5-Month-Old Boy Severely Burned After Falling Into Washing Machine

View Comments

MANCHESTER, N.H. (CBS) – A five-month-old boy was rushed to a Boston hospital after falling into a washing machine and suffering serious burns.

Manchester police were called to a home on Kelly Street around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, where they found the child with burns on most of his body.

Investigators said it appears to be an accident.

“The preliminary investigation indicates the baby had been atop a diaper changing area in the bathroom, adjacent to the laundry machines when he fell into an open washing machine that was filling with hot water.  The boy was quickly retrieved from the machine by his father and immediate calls to 911 were made,” police said in a statement.

The boy was rushed to Catholic Medical Center in Manchester and later transferred to Shriners Hospital for Children in Boston.

His condition was not immediately known.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,162 other followers