BOSTON (CBS) – Looking for a last minute gift idea for Mother’s Day?
No worries, we have you covered.
It’s easy to give mom flowers for her big day by why not take it one step further and get your hands dirty at the same time!
Dave Corsetto from Home Depot showed us a terrific vertical garden that isn’t all that hard to make and the end result is sure to make any mom happy.
For a detailed, step-by-step set of instructions just go to this simple how to on Home Depot.com.
Finally we should mention a terrific new program that Home Depot is offering.
It is called Doing Nation, a special spring initiative on Facebook that allows consumers to turn their outdoor projects into cash for a good cause.
The program runs through May 24, 2012, with the potential of up to $125,000 being donated to four nonprofit organizations serving U.S. military veterans and their families: Fisher House Foundation, Operation Homefront, U.S.Vets and Volunteers of America.
To participate, consumers can go to The Home Depot or The Home Depot Foundation’s Facebook page, and choose how many of the six easy and fun outdoor projects they want to tackle.
Once their project is completed, consumers simply upload a photo of their creation and select which organization they would like to receive $100.
The Home Depot Foundation will donate up to $25,000 to each of the four nonprofits for projects completed in their honor, and will double the total amount for the organization that receives the most projects.
The six spring sprucing projects that people can complete to benefit the organizations include:
· Raised Garden Bed: Raised garden beds help homeowners conserve water while growing gorgeous plants, herbs and vegetables.
· Envirotile Porch/Patio: Innovative tiles made from recycled tires are used to create flooring for the ideal patio space.
· Outdoor Chandelier: Hang an outdoor chandelier from the bough of a tree to add a stunning focal point to an outdoor dinner setting.
· Firepit: Pavers and soil are used to create an easy backyard accent that families will love.
· Vertical Garden: A unique project for the backyard or patio, the vertical garden creates a work of art from live goods and flowers.
· Leaning Ladder Garden: Perfect for herbs and small planters, the leaning ladder is a beautiful design project for both large and small spaces.
Each project will have a detailed how-to video highlighted on the Doing Nation Facebook application and consumers can download shopping lists for each project directly to their mobile phones. The how-to videos will also be posted on the company’s YouTube channel.