Electrical Problem Blamed For Fatal Mass. Fire

BRIDGEWATER (CBS/AP) — Officials say an electrical problem caused a fire that killed a Bridgewater woman last week.

Bridgewater Fire Chief George Rogers and state Fire Marshal Stephen D. Coan said the stove and refrigerator were plugged into an outlet in the home of 48-year-old Diane Anderson, owner of the house that burned.

Bridgewater Fire Chief George Rogers said, “This fire was a terrible tragedy and we offer our deepest condolences to Ms. Anderson’s family, friends and neighbors.”

The two-alarm blaze broke out Monday morning at the single-family ranch style home on Winter Street.

(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App

Listen Live