Police: 63-Year-Old Stabbed Elderly Roommate In Dispute Over TV Volume

MANCHESTER, NH (CBS) – A 63-year-old New Hampshire man is facing charges after police say he stabbed his roommate in a dispute over the volume of the television.

Dennis Fancy was arrested and charged at his apartment on Union Street in Manchester on Thursday.

Officers say Fancy and his 81-year-old roommate had gotten into an argument over the TV volume when Fancy grabbed a knife and stabbed the victim in the chest.

The victim was taken to the hospital where he was treated for serious but non life-threatening injuries.

Fancy is charged with First Degree Assault.

Comments

1. Billy says:

Old people crime

2. SPEAK UP SONNY says:

you know when the accelerator pedal on the car “gets stuck” it’s always a octogenerian at the wheel…? Same issue here only the “volume up” button got stuck.

1. Italo says:

Except an octogenarian didn’t go out of control and choose to make a decision to assault someone with a knife here. It was the octogenarian who got stabbed.

3. dawne says:

wow that is just crazy the guy should be charged with elder abuse as well ! and for the comment on old people crime the guy doing the stabbing isn’t and should be locked up!

4. emom says:

WOW, now I have heard it all,,, what next,,,, hit & run by motorized wheel chair,, Jack knifed walkers, The back up on the second floor is all the way back to the nurses station….. They are slowly creeping along folks;…… Hey watch out for the tricked out canes,,,, they carry concealed prune juice. I wonder if they have dual seated wheel chairs ,,, the couple in 34 b needs their sunday drive….. Now I am heading to the APPLE SAUCE CORRAL… TIME FOR MEDS….. LOL

5. Jim Donovan says:

This guy is a clean cut model citizen. He should just be put down. He will never serve a purpose in any society.

6. gramps says:

This does it, I’ve had it!

1ST thing tomorrow morning I’m gonna have my ‘split ends’ removed!Then I’ll have my ‘nose’ put back where it belongs, ‘running North to South’!

gramps

7. JohnC says:

I would have stabbed the TV set.