Justin Bieber Meets With Merrimac Girl Battling Brain Cancer

BOSTON (CBS) – A 6-year-old Merrimac girl battling brain cancer got her wish Monday: a meeting with her “husband.”

Donate: Cure AT/RT

Last year at a Jimmy Fund event, doctors and nurses set up a wedding for Avalanna Routh to marry the man she loves: Justin Bieber. There were flowers, a guitarist, and even a life-sized Bieber poster at the ceremony.

So, a Facebook page was launched last week to get “Mrs. Bieber” to finally meet her new husband.

In just a matter of days, Bieber learned of the story and flew Avalanna and her family to New York to arrange their Valentine’s Day date.

WBZ-TV’s Sera Congi reports

WBZ-TV’s Jonathan Elias reports

After the date, Bieber Tweeted about meeting Avalanna.

Avalanna is battling AT/RT, or an atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumor, a very rare form of brain cancer. Because less than 30 new cases of AT/RT are diagnosed in the U.S. each year, it is very difficult to acquire grant money for research.

bieberlittlegirl1 Justin Bieber Meets With Merrimac Girl Battling Brain Cancer

(Photo Credit: Justin Bieber on Facebook)

There is currently no known cure for AT/RT.

If you’d like to donate to AT/RT research, visit cureatrt.org.

1. Italo says:

This is a really beautiful story. Three cheers for Bieber. He made this little girl’s life, let alone day. Let’s multiply this positive energy and generosity 500 times over everywhere, and we can really make everybody’s day and way a little bit brighter on a regular basis. I wish Avalanna and her family the best, and am so happy for her. PS: How big was the ring? :)

2. Susan Lacroix says:

Justin, thank you, so much. This is so special to me, as I grew up in Merrimac. Your obvious concern for little ladies as special as this one is, is amazing and SO appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to give this little lady her dream. God is smiling at you. God bless you, Justin!

3. George Bush says:

That is a nice move by Beiber, props to him for that.

Now if only the little perv can only stop preaching about Jesus while getting got on national TV squeezing both his girlfriends boobs in a public hockey stadium…

1. Guest says:

Considering the article, the second half of your comment was uncalled for.
      Last time I checked freedom of religion was allowed and unfortunately so are
      As a parent I find Justin a pretty remarkable teenager.

4. Joanna says:

That is a really cool thing for him to have done , He really seems to be a nice guy!!

5. Nancy Willis says:

It takes a special young guy to reach out to a young child in need, and not just a for a pat on the head or a photo-op. I was so impressed with the way Justin gave his time and full attention to Avalanna, making her dreams come true. Your kindness, Justin, helps all of us realize we can apply time and attention to those around us & make this world a better place.

6. Dan says:

Thumbs up to you Justin Bieber. This young man has almost 1 billion fans and is extremely busy. With that said, he still finds the time to fly over from the west coast over to the east coast to meet this little girl who is very sick. My kids like your music Justin. I never cared for Justin’s music, but I have all the respect for the young man to do what he did to make a special day for a dying young girl whose only wish was to meet Justin Bieber. This kid is all heart!

7. Fred says:

Aww, how sweet! Naturally, I’ll be praying for Avalanna. BTW, my 8-year-old niece loves and has a crush on Justin Bieber.

8. Kira Clark says:

Now when my granddaughter gushes about JB I won’t roll my eyes but will applaud her on her wonderful pick for an idol.