Ventrone Released (Again) By Patriots
BOSTON (CBS) – Ross Ventrone has, once again, been released by the Patriots.
The safety was let go Monday afternoon, marking the 20th time his name has appeared on the New England transaction log.
Ventrone recorded one tackle in Saturday’s 27-24 win over the Miami Dolphins, seeing the majority of his action on special teams. He has played in eight games for New England, registering two tackles.
Pats Blog: Special Honor For Mr. Kraft
Here is a breakdown off all 20 transactions Ventrone has been involved in, courtesy of frequent WBZ-TV guest Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston:
1. Aug. 10 — Released
2. Aug. 29 — Signed to 90-man roster
3. Sept. 3 — Released at final roster cutdown
4. Sept. 5 — Signed to practice squad
5. Sept. 24 — Signed to 53-man roster
6. Oct. 1 — Released
7. Oct. 4 — Signed to practice squad
8. Oct. 8 — Signed to 53-man roster
9. Oct. 17 — Released
10. Oct. 19 — Signed to 53-man roster
11. Nov. 3 — Released
12. Nov. 9 — Signed to practice squad
13. Nov. 12 — Signed to 53-man roster
14. Nov. 15 — Released
15. Nov. 17 — Signed to practice squad
16. Nov. 21 — Signed to 53-man roster
17. Nov. 23 — Released
18. Nov. 24 — Signed to practice squad
19. Dec. 17 — Signed to 53-man roster
20. Dec. 26 — Released
With just one game to go in the regular season, New England may elect to keep injured safety Patrick Chung out for his eighth straight game. If they chose to keep Chung out, Ventrone will likely see another transaction, or two, during the course of the week.
Pats Blog: Coaches Talk Stevan Ridley
New England also released defensive lineman Cedric McKinley from the practice squad on Monday.
Tune in to the Patriots final regular season game against the Buffalo Bills Sunday at 1pm on WBZ-TV and 98.5 The Sports Hub. Pregame coverage begins on 98.5 at 10am, with Patriots Gameday on WBZ-TV at 11:30am. After the game, tune in to The Postgame Show on 98.5, and Patriots Fifth Quarter on MyTV38.