Former ABC News Reporter Charged In Fatal Plymouth Crash

BOSTON (CBS) – A former ABC News reporter is facing vehicular homicide charges in connection with a crash in Plymouth.

71-year-old Bob Zelnick hit 26-year-old Brendan Kennedy in an accident back on October 7 at the intersection of Route 3 and Clark Road, near the Pinehills Golf Club.

According to police, Zelnick turned his SUV toward the Route 3 on-ramp and into the path of Kennedy’s motorcycle. Kennedy couldn’t stop and hit the passenger side of Zelnick’s SUV. He died later at Jordan Hospital.

Zelnick, who is currently a professor at Boston University, was issued a citation on misdemeanor charges of failing to yield to oncoming traffic and vehicular homicide.

He will be arraigned next month in Plymouth District Court.

Police said alcohol wasn’t a factor in the crash.

“I don’t think I was culpable in any sense,’’ Zelnick told the Boston Globe.

Zelnick is also a research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University.

He spent 21 years at ABC News working for the network in Washington and Moscow.

Zelnick has been teaching at BU since September 1988.

Comments

1. karma says:

“I don’t think I was culpable in any sense,’’ Zelnick told the Boston Globe.

you KILLED SOMEBODY a**hole! you feel no remorse or culpability at all? what a terrible person you are.

2. Bill says:

Sounds like bad karma to me
    A jury will decide if he is culpable.

3. njuguna muigai says:

I think if these old man have sons or even daughters he should let them carry him .With his age it is not longer safe for him to drive

4. dan says:

CULPABLE… ANOTHER FANCY WORD NEWS PERSONS USE TO SAY THEY DID NOTHING WRONG

5. DAN says:

I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG ..I JUST KILLED SOMEBODY

6. Right_Lane says:

Mr. Zelnick is a moron. There is no “right-of-way” when one crosses the center line into oncoming traffic (that’s the “failure-to-yield” thing). Heaven preserve us from idiots like this.