Gresh & Zo: Sources Say Theo Was Red Sox Leak In Globe Article
Red Sox CentralShop for Red Sox Gear
Buy Red Sox Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Gresh and Zolak said Thursday that multiple sources have told them that former Boston Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein was the source of the scandalous information in last month’s Bob Hohler piece in the Boston Globe.
“If we go Inspector Clouseau on this, it makes sense,” Andy Gresh said. Here is the evidence the pair presented to back their information:
- Ownership said right away that they didn’t leak it.
- John Henry stormed into The Sports Hub studio two days later to “set the record straight” on Felger & Mazz, using the phrase “character assassination.”
- We’ve heard nothing from Theo on the topic.
- The Cubs interviewed Terry Francona. Was this a make-good for what happened in Boston?
- Papelbon leaves and nothing negative gets leaked to the press.
“They add up and make sense,” Gresh said.
Listen to the Gresh and Zo’s explanation here: