Patriots-Bills Highs and Lows
New England Patriots
Buy Patriots Tickets
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
BUFFALO (CBS) – WBZ-TV’s Levan Reid is up in Buffalo, breaking down all the Patriots-Bills action from Ralph Wilson Stadium.
-Wes Welker had a career day for New England, and came up big when the team needed him most. On fourth and goal, Brady found Welker who fought his way across the goal-line to knot things up at 31. Welker finished with a career high 16 receptions and 216 yards.
-Gronk continued to be a force, finishing the afternoon with two more touchdowns. He had 7 receptions for 109 yards and two touchdowns. Brady went Gronk’s way 9 times.
- Chad Ochocinco had a great chance to quiet all the critics, but he dropped it. Third and four, Brady went deep to Ocho, who dropped what would have been a game-tying touchdown. Just bad hands by Chad, who finished the day with 2 catches for 28 yards. He was targeted four times.
- Penalties nearly did New England in on Sunday. The Bills tied the game on 95-yard drive that was made up of 46 penalty yards. Kyle Love roughed Fitzpatrick, letting the Bills get out of their own endzone. Later on the play, defensive pass interference on Sergio Brown canceled out a Josh Barrett interception. The Bills scored on the very next play. In all, the Patriots finished with eight penalties for 93 yards.
-The defense fell asleep on Fred Jackson, and paid for it late in the fourth quarter. The ellusive back took a pass from Fitzpatrick and got all the way down to the one-yard line. It set up the Bills
- The Bills got the ball first to start the half and the Pats defense forces them into a 3-and-out.
- The Pats try and answer the Bills as they move the ball down the field. Gronkowski had a great grab on the drive, but the Pats would have to settle for a 22-yard field goal.
- The Pats defense gets back on the field after the field goal and they hold the Bills to 3-and-out.
- First play of the third quarter for the Pats offense and Tom Brady is intercepted by Leodis Mckelvin. Bad throw by Tom and a worse route by Chad Ochocinco, and it leads to a Bills touchdown.
- The Bills TD was just a poor play by the New England D. There was a mix up on a play at the 3-yard line. Brandon Spikes cleared an area and Scott Chandler was left all alone in the endzone. The score made it 17 unanswered points by the Bills.
24 to 17 Pats after 3
- First set of downs for the Bills offense of the quarter and they get nothing; three and out. Devin McCourty with a great open-field tackle to stop a first down.
- Pats punt and Zoltan Mesko his a boomer. Good to see his leg is fine. The punt went 57 yards.
– Second possession of the quarter for the Bills and the Patriots defense forces a punt
- Pats third possession of the quarter and they get on the board again. This was the Brady to Gronk drive. 22-yards to Gronkowski on a third down play and then 25 on the touchdown. That’s Rob Gronkowski’s fifth touchdown catch of the season.
- Pats start the second quarter and they turn the ball over on downs. Brady with a bad pass on a third down play.
- Pats second possession of the quarter and they wipe out a big play with a penalty on Nate Solder. Gronk had the catch, he has lost over 70-yards in receptions because of penalties.
- Bills get on the board with two minutes to go in the half. Fitzpatrick to Stevie Johnson for 11 yards over Devin McCourty. It was a fade route and he did not recognize at all. The drive was seven plays for 96-yards in 4:05.
- Brady intercepted on a play when the Pats were in the redzone. His second interception of the season. The pass was meant for Danny Woodhead but it was behind him. The Bills turn that Pats turnover into three points with a 42 yard field goal before the half.
Pats lead 20-10 at the half
- The Pats get the ball first and Tom Brady comes out firing. This was a Tom to Wes Welker drive. Pats go 80- yards on nine plays in 5:15. New England takes the early lead, with Welker contributing four catches for 67 yards and a TD on the drive.
- Welker set a new franchise record with his 64th straight game with a reception for the Patriots.
- The defense steps up big with Patrick Chung and Ras-I Dowling out. Kyle Arrington comes up with an interception and takes it back to the Bills 35. The Pats turn it into 7 as Brady finds Rob Gronkowski for his fourth touchdown of the season.
- The Bills go for it on 4th down and pay. Kyle Arrington with another interception. He is having a great first quarter, and so is the defense in general after a shaky start.
- First play from scrimmage for the Bills and they go for 33 yards. Ryan Fitzpatrick to Stevie Johnson. Leigh Bodden beaten.
- Devin McCourty was beat by Stevie Johnson on a 3rd and 8 play. Devin caught looking in the backfield.
Pats up 14-0 after one
After the Patriots-Bills game, tune in to Tom Brady and Bill Belichick’s postgame press conference on 98.5 The Sports Hub and Patriots Fifth Quarter on WBZ-TV.