The Patriots History On Monday Night Football
BOSTON (CBS) – The New England Patriots open their 2011 season on Monday Night Football against the Dolphins. Here is a look at how the Pats have played on Monday Nights.
– The Patriots are 19-22 all-time on Monday Night Football, 12-5 under head coach Bill Belichick.
– The Patriots were 2-0 in 2010 on Monday Night, enjoying two huge wins over two division opponents. They defeated the Dolphins in Miami 41-14 and the Jets at Gillette 45-3.
– The Patriots are 10-14 all-time on the road on Monday Night Football.
Perkin’s Blog: Pats D Trying To Keep ‘Em Guessing
– The Pats are 5-5 against Miami on MNF, 4-5 in games played in Miami.
– Head coach Bill Belichick is 13-8 all-time on Monday Night Football.
– Quarterback Tom Brady has a 10-4 record on Monday Nights. He has thrown three or more touchdowns seven times, with two four-touchdown games as well.
– Brady’s best Monday Night performance came in the 2009 season opener against the Buffalo Bills, when he threw for 378 yards with two touchdowns in the Pats 25-24 victory. Brady earned AFC Player of the Week honors for his performance.
– Brady is 1-1 against Miami on MNF. The loss came during the 2004 season when the Pats fell 29-28. Brady threw three touchdowns in the game, but was also picked off four times.
Watch: The Gresh & Zo Whiteboard
– This will be the fifth time the Patriots open their season on Monday Night. They are currently 2-2 when opening on MNF, losing to the Steelers in 1979 and Broncos in 1998 while defeating the Steelers in 2002 and Bills in 2009.
On an opening night note, the Patriots have won seven straight season openers. Monday night is the seventh time they will open the season against the Dolphins, with the Pats going 3-3 in the first six games.
Tune in to the Patriots season opener at 7pm Monday night on 98.5 The Sports Hub with pregame coverage beginning at 4pm. After the game, tune in to the Postgame show on 98.5, and to Patriots Fifth Quarter on TV38.