The amazing weather continues for this Friday Night! Let’s do it again! After a few afternoon cumulus dotting the sky, Skies will be clearing again tonight.
1) Look for the brilliant full Sturgeon Moon illuminating an awesome August night. Moonrise is 7:00 PM.
2) Looking to the Northeast at 11 PM you will see the peak time of the Perseid Meteor showers. Upto 10-20 meteors per hour are expected. This may be a tough challenge. Light Pollution from the City and the Full moon will make viewing shooting stars difficult. You will have to find a very dark place away from the city lights to have any chance at seeing the shooting stars.
3) The International space station can be seen at 8:30 in the low Horizon looking SE for about 2 minutes. Timing will be critical for viewing, luckily the weather will be ideal.
4) High Pressure shifts off shore Saturday with light, but warmer winds. Highs in the mid-80′s inland, 70′s and Lwr 80′s at the beaches with sunshine and high clouds. Dewpoints in 50′s so still comfortable
5) Clouds quickly increase Sunday to become Mostly cloudy. High pressure offshore remains strong enough to keep rain west all day. Highs still in Lwr 80′s inland.
6)Despite a few showers late Sunday night, Rain mostly waits for Monday with locally heavy rain. Low will slowly push off the coast Tuesday keeping clouds locked in as well as the risk of lingering showers. Another 1-3″ rainfall is likely…before sunshinne returns for midweek.
7) Next week will be another week in August with heat suppressed south with temps running slightly below normal. Missing the intense which has plagued the south has been a lucky break!
8) This cooler air and trough in the Northeast is providing just enough spin into the atmosphere to help to fire up the Cape Verde season. Several waves are tracking off the coast of Africa. We will likely be looking at the development of Franklin, Gert and even Harvey heading into next week as they continue their track west. Hard to say there is any threat to the US this far out. The peak of Hurricane Season is usually Mid-August to Mid-September, so this uptick in activity is right on schedule and expected.