Farmington, NH School Evacuated After Student’s iPod Explodes In Class

FARMINGTON, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire firefighters say a high school student playing with his iPod in class caused the battery to explode when he dropped the device, sending light, hazy smoke through the room.

Farmington Fire Chief Rich Fowler says about 18 students at Farmington High School were evaluated. Some complained of headaches, dizziness and nausea.

Two students were checked out at a hospital as a precaution.

Fowler says the incident, which happened at about 9:30 a.m.

Tuesday, was confined to the classroom.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Download Our App
Download Weather App

Listen Live