NATICK (CBS) – State officials are scrambling to get lifeguards in their chairs at beaches across the Bay State because of the heat.
All DCR Wading Pools and Spray Decks will be open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Sunday.
Normally, state beaches aren’t staffed with lifeguards until later in the season. However, 17 beaches (listed below) will be staffed through Sunday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., but not fully staffed at summer levels.
WBZ-TV’s Peg Rusconi reports.
List of beaches to be staffed with lifeguards:
- Nantasket Beach
- Houghton’s Pond, Blue Hills Reservation
- Nahant Beach, Lynn Shore Reservation
- Revere Beach
- Carson Beach, Dorchester Shore Reservation
- M Street Beach, Dorchester Shore Reservation
- Pleasure Bay Beach, Dorchester Shore Reservation
- John A. Pierce Lake, Breakheart Reservation
- Shannon Beach, Middlesex Fells Reservation
- Salibury Beach Main Beach
- Cochituate State Park Beach
- Horseneck Beach
- Wallum Lake Beach, Douglas State Forest
- Chicopee State Park Beach
- Hopkinton Main Beach, Hopkinton State Park
- Regatta Point Beach, Quinisgamond State Park
- Walden Pond Beach