Cat Blamed For Jamaica Plain Fire That Caused $500K In Damages

BOSTON (CBS) – A cat and a candle are being blamed for starting a fire in Jamaica Plain.

Investigators think the cat knocked over the candle inside a home on Glade Avenue.

The fire burned the top floor and the porch of the home.

Two cats and a dog were killed in the fire.

One firefighter had to be taken to the hospital with chest pains.

No one who lives in the home was hurt.

The home sustained about $500,000 in damages.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Chuck Chuckerson says:

    How do they know it wasn’t the dog? WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS BLAME THE KITTY ???

  2. CommonSense says:

    Why are we blaming the pet when the pet’s owner was so stupid as to leave a candle unattended where it could be knocked over by a pet.

  3. Ann says:

    i dont think they should Blaming on the pets.
    if i have a candel burning i put up so high so the pet dont get in to it
    the ower should keep a eye on the candel then blame the dog and cats

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

WheelMobile
Download Our App

Listen Live