R.I. Father Says He’ll Kill Son’s Murderer, If Released

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The father of a 5-year-old boy slain by a neighbor in 1975 says he’ll kill the man who was convicted if he is released 12 years early from a 40-year sentence.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Lana Jones reports

Michael Woodmansee was convicted of second-degree murder for killing Jason Foreman in South Kingstown and hiding the boy’s shellacked bones in his house for years until confessing in 1983.

The Providence Journal reports that Woodmansee is eligible for early release for good behavior.

Foreman’s father, John Foreman, tells WPRO-AM on Monday that if that happens, he intends to kill Woodmansee as aggressively and painfully as he killed Foreman’s son.

He calls Woodmansee a monster and a cannibal who ate his son’s flesh off his bones.

He tells the station if Woodmansee gets out, he believes he would kill again.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

More from Lana Jones
Comments

1. timma says:

i would too!

2. Mass resident says:

Massachusetts should be evidence that good behavior behind bars does not translate to reduced recidivism. That monster sho0uld not be released and that father has every right to express his feelings!

3. Dianne says:

?There is a possibility this beast could get out early? Shameful. I understand the fathers anger.

4. PL says:

When he’s released it should be a mob killing.

5. Ed Dracut says:

Let him out. Dad needs his justice. I would have committed a crime to get him on the inside. Was this puke in the general population. I bet you he wasn’t. That is the problem with our jails. No putting animals like this in seperate cells. Put them in general population and then the issue will someone reoffend will be GONE!!!!!

6. Dan says:

Connecticut should have killed this animal a long time ago. If the father does end up killing the guy I will gladly donate to his defense fund.

7. edsb19612297@hotmail.com says:

I’d help him do it if I can. If this man goes free, I’ll kill him just to keep my own kids safe.

8. Sue Eskenazi Sweeney says:

Any one who commits such a horrible crime, shouild not let out and should die in jail of natual causes or by hands of another inmate. This animal should not be let out.

9. Judy Introini O says:

I’ll help….

10. Tony says:

John Grisham, ” A Time To Kill “. Great book !

11. karen s says:

let me get this straight, time off for “good behavior” for a sociopath convicted of such a heinous crime. this dad has quite the posse to back him up. surprised the lads in general populatiion haven’t taken care of this slime. then we could potentially talk about someone getting time off for good behavior.

12. PatrickAustin says:

This is a terrible story. 630WPRO.COM has the interview with the father of the victim up, and it is almost impossible to believe they would consider letting this man out of prison. Link to the interview: http://bit.ly/f5pjWx

13. Swamper says:

I would do the exact same thing!

14. Kathy says:

As awful as it sounds…..I would hunt him down and do the same

15. reader says:

Lets hope rhode Island parole board learned from massachusetts board not to make that mistake again

16. emom says:

This is crazy, to allow such an animal out of prison , just because he states he is reformed , the parole board must have their heads high up the back side of a rhino, honestly they cant be serious, This poor farther needs to go to the parole baord and plead his case, He has a great agrument, he murdered a child, canibalized him probably tortured him, and shellacked his remains, If anyone of the parole board even believes this animal should go free, I say lock them in a house with this freak and let them suffer the same fate that poor innocent child had too, let them see first hand what they will let loose, and tellavize it to anyone that will even think about joining the board, making them think about what they plan on doing in the future.. this is nuts

17. Jaze says:

Father is a dumn@## for saying what he feels

1. Nana says:

You must not have kids, shame on you for calling the father that.

18. Former Marine says:

When I read this story I could not do so without crying. I have experienced and seen some crazy things in my short time on this earth. I consider myself to be some what of a hardened person, but when it comes to violence against children I think that is the most unforgivable crime. I have small children and I do not believe that there is a force on this planet that would keep me from reaching out to the animal that harmed my child and for me to inflict the most painful and horrific death upon that individual. I know it would not bring my child back and I would probably not feel any better but that individual would feel first had the pain and suffering they inflicted on my loved one. To kill this individual and spare another family from losing a loved one would be a gift to society. Death by lethal injection or electrocution would be far too peaceful of a death for an animal who committed a crime such as this. You can’t understand unless you have a child and nurtured that child, that’s a part of you and an animal decides come along and torture, defile and mutilate part of you, UNFORGIVABLE. To the Foreman family, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find something that brings you some comfort during this tough time and I pray it continues to comfort you until you reunite with Jason in heaven.

19. sailing42 says:

This monster needs to stay behind bars. He should of got life with no parole or early realease. A life for a life.

20. Sheila says:

Any way you look at it it’s sad their is so much going on in the world. Do our laws really have our best interest at hand. We need to view the laws in other places I do believe they are different. These are not monsters these are demons that are seated in high places. i am a mother myself and I am at a lost for words. God have mercy on his soul,and I pray for the father and his wife that are still in pain.