Man Turns In Bag Containing $2K To East Boston Police

EAST BOSTON (CBS) – If you found a plastic bag with a couple thousand dollars inside, what would you do?

Ryan Lee was faced with that very question. He found a white plastic bag in the snow with $2,000 inside. Also inside was a bank slip.

The money belonged to a local gas station, so he took the bag and walked into an East Boston police station to report and hand over his find.

Police put the word that they had found a Good Samaritan in Eastie.

Comments

1. karens says:

good for you ryan. hope the gas station comps you some free gas for your honesty. well done!

2. Bill says:

Tough call, you are a better man than I. I can honestly say I would have kept it

3. mike says:

i would have went to the casino with it

4. Cynic says:

For a $million I might put up with knowing I was a thief,I think Bill and Mike really wouldn’t have kept it either. I don’t doubt that they would have considered keeping it but in the end they wouldn’t have. I hope he thought to get a receipt with the amount from the Police…Just in case. You never know. If there was a deposit slip in the bag ,I might have gone ahead and made the deposit then brought the receipt back to the gas station just to pull their chain a little bit.

5. BCPartyTown says:

at least give him a tax break or something.

6. B in Beverly says:

A feel good story that Ryan can share with others the rest of his life to hopefully influence them to do the right thing. Your an honest and stand-up guy who shows true character Ryan.

7. SHELL says:

Great job ryan , im the son of the owner of the station, we are impressed by your actions and we still cant get over your amazing job, we ll be contacting you soon man , have a great weekend n keep doing you. i wish you happiness and success in life.