When Is Enough Snow Enough?

BOSTON (CBS) – Enough is enough, or stop your whining? Which camp are you in?

It’s no secret that over the last few weeks we’ve seen foot after foot after foot of snowfall in New England. By the end of last week, more than five feet of snow had been recorded at Logan Airport, and many towns have seen more than that.

As you can see in the picture above, Ken Weiner isn’t letting the sky-high snow banks get to him.

What’s your take? Here is your chance to complain or – maybe you’d rather share a ray of sunshine…

Comments

1. M says:

We had a very mild Winter last year. We had extreme heat and humidity last Summer. Now it’s the snow lovers turn so suck it up! Can’t wait for another foot of snow!!!!!

1. oleg says:

if you love snow so much you can move to alaska or canada

2. Snow Sucks says:

Go away M, you must be a goverment employee that is sucking on the taxes for taking snow days.

1. Robin Langlois says:

not all goverment employee’s get days off. I worked for the AG”s office a few years back and the state house would get out early or have work called off but we still had to go in.

2. M says:

How Dare You! I am no goverment employee. If I take a day off I don’t get paid! I just happen to like all this snow. If you don’t like it, move to a warm climate. Or perhaps you just like to complain you miserable no goods!

2. sandra says:

it’s New England. just gotta roll with it….. Bring It On!!!

1. D says:

you’ll get fewer gray hair if you don’t complain

3. jaygee says:

This weather is for all of those people who constantly say “I love the 4 seasons”. Well, this is one of them and it goes with a hot & humid summer so what can you do. Personally, I would take San Diego or San Fran. and settle for 3 seasons but that’s me. I’ve had a pretty easy winter since I bought the flame-thrower. By the way……Global Warming anyone?

1. Snow Sucks says:

Yes it is, it is called climate change, in the last 15 yrs, we had record everything.

1. D says:

climate change is global warming whenever its convenient to call it that

4. WesWelkerFan says:

Enought is Enought! Snow lovers MOVE TO SIBERA! I want spring now! Death to winter.

5. giselle says:

I agree with “M” – the last few years have been pretty mild and we are making up for it now. Just think – no water restrictions this spring or summer and the reservoirs could use a filling up :-)

6. M says:

I love that positive attitude! “Oh, the weather outside will be frightful….!!!!

7. Lisa says:

I agree with M as well. I work outside for a living and I never thought we would have got this much snow this year. This year I am VERY HAPPY that I spend the winter months in florida…. Oh and everyone down here thought it was cold this month!!!

8. Cynic says:

The only thing between me and the Gulf of Mixico right now is a little corner of Texas.The other day it was 71 degrees but tonight it may get down into the 40’s ..I lived with the Ice and Snow for so long then I decided that this was one of the things up with which I did not have to put.

9. Ron says:

I’m getting a little annoyed with it not being a milder winter as it means I can’t get out walking as much, but I’ll be missing the cold when summer rolls around and we get days that push 90 again.

10. Kelly says:

I could have told you it would be a bad snowy winter due to the hot, hot summer we had! Don’t like it? MOVE!

11. Kelly says:

The summer of ’77 was very, very hot and so we had the Blizzard of ’78! DUH!

12. Snowhater says:

I cannot wait for those Hazy, Hot and Humid days of Summer!

13. Al says:

I’m in my GLORY! Absolutely the best January I can remember…what a great month to celebrate a birthday! Looking forward to Wed…. spring will come as it always does, I think it’ll be so much more appreciated this year.

14. TiaMaria says:

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
    But the fire is so delightful,
    And since we have no place to go,
    F the snow, F the Snow, F the snow………..

1. Snow Sukcs says:

Thanks for the laugh

15. wintersxks says:

The snow lovers should join the crowd at the WBZ weather blog. Those bloggers are crazy in love w/snowstorms….me, not so much. I have lived here my whole life, not by choice either, and like to think I’ve seen it all. I was a teen during the ’78 Blizzard living in Boston and it was surreal. Snowblowers running down the street, mounds bigger than this years. But when you own a home and need to commute to the city from SE Mass, it’s rough going around here. I think the barrage of storms takes its toll, physically and mentally. Dark, cold, snowy. Like mentioned above (Ron), not getting out for walks or runs at all due to lack of melting. Roads are treacherous, towns maxed out, accidents, roof worries, and more. I think this consistent storm track is abnormal and troublesome. We really need to get some melting or there will be hell to pay in about 2 months. Remember last March folks…if we get anything like that this year, there will be massive destruction throughout NE. No more….

16. 1stackmack says:

even though i plow in the winter for the $.i’m even waving the white flag.

17. Annmarie says:

i dont mine the snow but there is too much of it and it very hard to remove. There is no room for this snow at my place there is 3 feet for snow in my yard,
    i hope after this storm we will get a break from this mess.
    Right now i am thinking of spring but i hope there is not going to be a big melt down in march or we will have big floods

18. Gail F says:

I’d like the snow better if people CLEARED THEIR FREAKIN SIDEWALKS!! I have to walk on the road all winter with my dogs (Attleboro) and it’s getting dangerous! Today is the 2nd time I’ve had to rake off the roof (ranch house)..my arms are kinda getting tired…it’s a challenge but I’d rather be paddling a canoe on a calm summer morning to strengthen my arms!

19. Harry Mann Jr. says:

This station has done a poor job of not telling people what is has to do for these storms to miss this region. They won’t even try to tell us this. Why?

20. JEFF RILEY says:

IT WAS 70 DEGREES YESTERDAY JANUARY 30TH HERE IN BEAUFORT SOUTH CAROLINA AND TODAY JANUARY 30TH IT WAS IN THE 60″S

21. Bill says:

How many times did Ken submit this photo before you just gave up and published it to make him go away?

22. christine says:

If you’ve all lived in New England your whole lives, what did you think was going to happen in the winter? SNOW!! No big surprise there!

1. wintersxks says:

christine- maybe u should re-read some of these posts. We expect snowstorms in winter, we get it. The issue this year is the pattern and lack of melting to allow space for subsequent storms that pass through the southern NE area. It is now an issue of safety, worry and stress over property damage, loss of productivity, etc. Making for a very difficult winter for those of us that own homes and need to commute to our jobs….

23. gary says:

Fact: all this will be gone by june

1. Snow Sucks says:

What June, no I want it gone by April.

24. KB says:

Enough is Enough – we better get a nice hot summer for putting up with all this snow! An early spring would be nice too!

25. Hoofarted says:

This is New England, it snows here…get over it…Move on or get out…

Embrace the weather, get a snowmobile…I did…I can’t wait, more snow!! Yeehaa!!

I can’t tell you how fed up I am with the “Shovel the sidewalk” talk…I shoveled my sidewalk, they plowed it in, I shoveled it again, they plowed it in…All in one storm…oh well, I’m done…you want it shoveled too bad, you do it…

26. missgal34 says:

If I still lived up there, I would have to say enough is enough, but this is exactly why I moved down south years ago!!! I hope my family there stays warm and safe.

27. D says:

Enough is enough? What do you plan to do if the Weather doesn’t listen?