Driver Killed In Route 3 Crash

PEMBROKE (CBS) – A driver was killed in a crash on Route 3 north in Pembroke early Monday morning.

Check: Traffic Updates

State police say 62-year-old John A. Barisano of Marshfield lost control of his pickup truck just north of Exit 12 when it hit a guardrail and rolled over into the median just after 6:30 a.m.

Barisano was ejected from the vehicle and was rushed to South Shore Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police say he worked for the town of Needham and was driving a Needham municipal truck.

One lane of the highway was closed after the accident and traffic was backed up for miles.

It’s not clear yet what caused the crash.

Comments

1. Mark-Framingham says:

I am sorry for this loss, but why was this town employee of Needham commuting from Marshfield using my gas money?

2. Lauren says:

Mark, How do you know he was using “YOUR GAS MONEY”???? He could have filled up the truck with his OWN money…Don’t make assumptions and heartless comments until you have facts!!

3. Jack Robison says:

It was a sad tragic accident and some righteous clown wants to make a federal case out of it, he was a working stiff going to work, God bless him and his family

4. Cliffei says:

This was his truck

1. Mary B says:

I live in Needham and my first thought is my condolences to his family. From all I have heard he was a wonderful man.

There is a right time and wrong time to bring up the work truck and this is the wrong time. For whatever reason he had the truck with the permission of the Town of Needham. Sometimes I don’t understand their reasoning but now is not the time.

May your family find peace and comfort in you memories.

5. anna says:

Mark since when has it been a requirement for a town employee to reside in the town which they are employed? Please keep in mind that his grieving family will more than likely see what is posted here. Please act with some dignity and and show them some respect. Take your views to a political article where someone may actually care to hear them.

His family deserves to lay him to rest in peace. I would think that this is a city with enough honor to not act like a bunch of teenagers fighting over nonsense when the reality is that a family has lost their loved one and are surely in agonizing pain. My thoughts and prayers go to his loved ones. The coming days and months will be difficult. I wish you the strength to carry on.

6. Toby says:

Anna. Tx cause as his friend I am blown away about his death and truly sad for wife and
    his family. He was an amazing guy and I for one Have much bigger worries than gas. Really some people! I feel like screaming!

7. Kevin says:

Mark,
    Ever stop to think that he may have been a supervisor on the snow and ice emergency program for the Town of Needham. Given that, he commuted in a Town vehicle so he could respond to the emergency without having to drive to the Public Works, park his vehicle, retrieve the proper vehicle, then continue on to respond to the emergency. Hence saving time, money, accidents, etc.
    Next time, instead of worrying about gas while your driving down the street to work, try thinking about the time and effort it has taken to make that trip possible.

How about a little humanity.

R.I.P.

8. Mark- Framingham says:

Innapropriate time and forum for my own plight…My condolences to the family for there loss.

9. msw says:

Was he wearing a seat belt??

10. Cynic says:

ALWAYS wear your seatbelt…..Not because it’s the Law…. But because you aren’t Stupid.

11. Cynic says:

Whenever I was on “Standby”…I always took a Company Vehicle home.

12. Bill says:

The Town of Needham lost a hard worker. we’ll miiss Jack.. God bless his family

13. wvu617 says:

Worked with Jack for 5yrs, he was a tough guy but a great man with a great heart, and a very hard worker. He would always make me laugh with jokes and crazy stories. I still can’t believe he is gone. My condolences to his entire family and everyone at the Needham DPW. For my thoughts on the ppl commenting about why he had the town truck just read Kevin’s post he covers my thoughts to a T and their words were nicer than what I would say to those ppl.
    Shine on Jack you will be greatly missed.

1. bernadette says:

Who the hell cares about the company truck ! My good friend J. has lost her husband and soul mate.

Back OFF