Two Men Stabbed To Death In Wareham

WAREHAM (CBS) — Two men were stabbed to death in Wareham early Saturday morning, and one man is under arrest.

Richard Walling, 20, of Wareham, is charged with two counts of manslaughter.

WBZ-TV’s Alana Gomez reports.

Police say at 12:30 a.m. Saturday they got a call that someone had been stabbed at the White Pines Hotel in Wareham. Leonard Bolia, 35, of Wareham, was found outside the motel and authorities say he had been stabbed several times in the chest.

He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Relatives say he had three children.

warehamdoublefatal010811a Two Men Stabbed To Death In Wareham

Police investigate a double fatal stabbing in Wareham. (credit: Two men were stabbed to death at the White Pines Motel in Wareham early Saturday morning. (credit: David G. Curran)

Investigators found a second body in the woods a couple hundred yards from the hotel. That victim has been identified as Ryan Aponte, 24, of Wareham. Police say Aponte also suffered several stab wounds.

Aponte’s family questioned why it took so long to discover his body and if he could’ve been saved.

“If he was alive from White Pines to Cahoon road then who left him there to die? That’s a long way,” said Aponte’s aunt, Darlene Fernandez.

Aponte’s family said he was a former soldier and recently moved from Florida to Wareham to live with his father, Steven Fernandez. They added Aponte’s girlfriend is pregnant and due in June.

“I raised him as a single father,” said Steven Fernandez, Aponte’s father. “He always looked out for me, he was good to me, he was my baby.”

Fernandez described his son as a respectful, caring person who never got into trouble and was working on becoming a real estate agent.

“He wouldn’t hurt nobody,” he said. “He would give the shirt off his back.”

The D.A.’s office has not released a motive for the attack. Neighbors say the suspect is known to them as a drug dealer.

Brandon Medeiros lives next door to White Pines, and said he heard screaming and saw an argument through his window.

Medeiros said he also saw Bolia stumble out in front of the hotel with stab wounds.

“He said, ‘I’m dying, I’m dying,’ and then he collapsed,” said Medeiros.

Walling is scheduled to be arraigned Monday at the Wareham District Court.

WBZ-TV’s Alana Gomez contributed to this report.

Comments

1. christina leon says:

Damn my homie gone. R.I.P ryan forever loved and missed.

2. edith says:

we love u ryan r.i.p love

3. Jerrica Shealey-Aponte says:

I love you baby. you meant the world to me. i wish i could go back in time a save you. I thank god that you left me with a little ryan in my tummy. We love you so much. R.I.P.

1. Liz says:

My deepest sympathy to you and his family.. Be strong the baby needs you strong so he/she is born healthy. God bless you and give you peace!!

4. Michelle ( Jerrica's Mom ) says:

I really hate this happened. We shared my daughter Jerrica and the same birthday. smh.. I will do all I can for Jerrica and the baby. R.I.P Ryan

5. anonymous says:

rich is a realllll time gangster. roid rage at its finest

6. Liz says:

To all his family so sorry for the loss! Word has been spread all over here in central florida!! May he rest in peace…

7. Liz says:

So sad noone deserves to die like that!

8. Cynic says:

What has happened in Wareham? When I was young we had a cottage at Parkwood Beach and all we ever had to worry about was the Police.The biggest problem was that they would take our Beer.

9. LYNETTE says:

R.I.P RYAN U ARE IN A BETTER PLACE U WERE A GOOD FRIEND… TO HIS FAMILY I AM SO SORRY FOR UR LOST GOD BLESS U LOVE U RYAN :( IM SO HURT U DINT DESERVE TO DIE LIKE THAT……

10. Keyeria Simmons says:

just would like to say im sorry about this and to Ryans family you are in my prayers!!!! Keyeria (Jerricas Fam)

11. HOLLY says:

MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO AUNTIE IRMA, STEPHEN AND RYAN’S MOTHER. THIS IS SO DAMN HORRIBLE. RYAN AS I REMEMBER HIM WAS A QUIET KID WHO SEEMED HARMLESS. THE VULTURE THAT KILLED HIM DESERVES TO SPEND THE REST OF HIS BREATHING DAYS IN PRISON, FOREVER. R.I.P. RYAN…

12. seerthruBS says:

i dont understand 1 man was able to stab 2 men and let alone alledgedly the 2 came in with a gun!! doesnt make any sense this walling kid is a drug dealer thug in fact he had a friend of mine come into the motel room at white pines about a month ago and he kicked his ass and then robbed him. drug related

1. CW says:

On the right track, seethruBS. The news is clearly one-sided and the facts are being misconstrued. Newscasters can only reveal partial information in regards to this crime but they are giving the wrong impression and leading the readers down an incorrect storyline. Wait until more of the truth comes out and decide who is in the wrong for yourself.

13. steph says:

Rich I’m so proud of you for protecting you and your family. It was brave of you to take on two men who invaded your home. Know that your brother and I love you so much and you did the right thing.

1. Lynette says:

Girl u got nerve comin on here sayin that no matter what happend my friend dint deserve to die the way he did justice will come!!!!!!!!!! I love u ryan

1. steph says:

my brother didn’t derserve to have two masked men break into his room, rip him and his girlfriend out of bed and start beating them. I’ll tell you what, someone comes at me with a gun, I wouldn’t be thinking how I could cause the least amount of pain, unfortunately they died which I’m not saying isn’t sad, but when you’re in the middle of a fight with 2 guys who are bigger than you, you don’t exactly think logically, it’s all instinct.

14. justine says:

w00000w y0u s0und very stupid..n0 0ne deserves t0 die..u r 0n hea cheering a murderer 0n.my friend w0nt b able t0 c his first b0rn..u didnt l0se a g00d friend..s0 keep y0ur negative c0mments t0 urself

15. Sarah says:

RIP my nigga Ryan! Lakeland misses you :)