Keller @ Large: Parking Rules Followed?

BOSTON (CBS) — The city is cracking down on people reserving parking spots using items like lawn chairs and cardboard boxes. The deadline was 6 p.m. Wednesday to remove the items. And it seems as though most people are abiding by the rules.

Jon Keller went to South Boston to check it out.

More from Keller @ Large
Comments

1. Charlie says:

We r the worst state with snow removal, voted most dangerous and carelessness, a state that’s known to be over budget and it’s not even Jan, the state is becoming irrelevant anyway compared to when we meant something in the 40’s

2. Joe says:

I grew up in the Winter Hill section of Somerville in the 1960’s as a teenage boy, and I remember everyone saving their parking spot. Mayor Menino has no clue of the work it takes to dig out one of these spaces. His fat ass and bad knee wouldn’t last 5 minutes digging his car out.

1. cynic says:

He doesn’t have to Joe…Thats what City workers are for….

3. steve says:

The City should pass a law requiring people to shovel out their parking spaces before they leave them. If not, what happens all too often, drivers in SUVs get lazy and plow right through a snow bank and go on their way, leaving a space that most other cars cannot get into without having to shovel. Think of it this way. I shovel out my space and drive away. I come back and someone is parked in the space that I shoveled out. I have no issue with that. The problem arises when I go to search for another of the limited spots, only to find one that is empty, but hasn’t been shoveled out. Thanks to some lazy bum, I now have to shovel out yet another space because they were too inconsiderate to do so. That inconsideration should face a $100 fine.

1. Fram says:

Steve hit it on the head. The only ones complaining about the “spot savers” are the individuals who do not shovel. SUV owners along with others. If property owners are required to clear “their” sidewalks 6 horus after a storm why not make car owners shovel out their spots. Fine them the $100 and see if they shovel after the next storm. I think the City has it backwards, removing “spot savers” for the lazy car owners. Would you reward your child if they did something bad?

4. emom says:

Why cant there be a parking lot on every street , you know so people can have there vehicles off the street and safe, ,, I use to live in boston and its nuts getting a parking space, and some are so selfish and take your space and never give a flying rip,,,, so instead of building all these stupid buildings that stay empty build a parking lot or gargae so people have a safe place to park,, theres never enough parking spaces EVER,

5. cynic says:

The only people complaining are the parasites that wouldn’t pick up a shovel if their life depended on it.