Radio Stations Kick Off Holiday Season

BOSTON (CBS) — It has already started – The Christmas music.

Both WROR (105.7 FM) and WODS (103.3 FM) have kicked off their Christmas music marathon.

So from now through Christmas, all these stations be airing is holiday music.

Listen Live: WROR, WODS

Many people look forward to Christmas music, but is it too early?

Both stations started playing holiday music around the same time last year.

Comments

1. Bernadette G. says:

It is wau too early I haven’t even started my shopping yet? Except for the family in another country!

2. Teri S. says:

96.1 has both stations beat, as they started playing holiday music earlier this week. It’s about time they started playing, as I’ve been waiting patiently!!

3. CMB says:

Perfect timing! We are all but done with our shopping and now let the cookies and candy get started!!!

4. Liz D. says:

They did it last year, too. And just like last year, I will be listening to other stations until after Thanksgiving. Too soon!

5. THOMAS FLAHERTY says:

IT IS A PERFECT TIME, I AM ON VACATION NEXT WEEK, AND I WILL PROBABLY WILL START MY SHOPPING THEN.

6. Emmit066 says:

I have no problem with them playing holiday music on Thanksgiving after I’ve finished eating my turkey & the ensuing coma from said turkey. Why rush and try to skip over Thanksgiving?

7. Colleen says:

I am really excited, I love the Christmas season. I start my christmas CD’s early November. About time they started.

8. Linda says:

I hate it why does everybody forget about the BEST holiday THANKSGIVING!! Good food,family watching football and yes no usuage of my Credit card!!

9. ken says:

i wish it had started earlier….listen all day long at work.

10. Andy says:

I hate christmas, I hate christmas music even more. The whole holiday is all about greed and more greed. I refuse to participate. You can hate me all you want, but I won’t have a huge credit card bill in January.

11. Ellen says:

To early, well read a long time ago that the birthdate of Jesus was estimated to be in the late summer, early fall. December 25th was a pagan holiday that the early Christians took advantage of and celebrated it as the birth of Christ, so going by that theory we’re right on time, or maybe a little late for that matter.

12. Italo says:

Personally, my life is so stressed right now, and most people act so much like animals on the roadways and in general, that every bit of advance Christmas spirit and music I can get, works for me. My beef is it’s the same few same people’s same songs at the same times of days…can’t they mix things up a bit? Also, I look forward to the more traditional carols played on Christmas Day. I look at the other end of the season…why can’t we have non-Christmas-referencing holiday music played right through New Year’s Day? It stinks how it all absolutely shuts off exactly at midnight Christmas night, and as my mom used to say, “Now everybody can go back to yelling at each other!” ;)

13. Jean says:

It is WAY too early. I love Christmas, don’t get me wrong! But starting Christmas music right after Veterans Day is just putting me over the edge. I wouldn’t mind the occasional song, but having ONLY Christmas music for six weeks is just too much. I’m tuning in to other stations until the week before Christmas.