Keller @ Large: What The Election Will Tell Us
Thankfully, it’s almost over. Tuesday we find out…
* If organized labor, big-city mayors, the Democratic State Committee, and the rest of The Machine’s components still have what it takes and weren’t just caught napping last January;
* If the Baker campaign tore themselves away from planning Paul Loscocco’s game-changing endorsement event long enough to coordinate a decent GOTV operation;
* If the local tea parties are for real;
* If Beacon Hill has anything to be worried about;
* If Deval Patrick’s charm offensive worked;
* If voters have “had enough” of Charlie Baker;
* If the same voters who gave a Senate seat to Scott Brown are unwilling to give other Republicans a single House seat;
* If elderly voters are that easy to scare about Social Security;
* If harshly-negative ads work, or backfire;
* If Massachusetts is surrounded by a 60-foot high wall that keeps the national wave at bay;
* If there is a national wave, or
* If polls are now officially useless.
What’d I miss? Your turn.