The son-in-law of a Taunton man found dead in his home last week has been ordered held without bail after pleading not guilty to murder.
Prosecutors said at Richard Carreiro-Forbes’ arraignment on Thursday that the defendant had planned his father-in-law’s death and recruited others to participate. So far, only one other person is facing charges in connection with the death of 59-year-old Francis Douglas Carreiro.
Prosecutors said there had been tension between the victim and the suspect, who lived in different halves of the same duplex. Carreiro-Forbes and his wife had attempted to evict him in the spring.
Carreiro was found beaten and shot in his home Aug. 21, but police believe he had been dead four days.
The suspect’s lawyer said her client should be allowed contact with his family.