By CBSBoston.com Staff

WESTBORO (CBS) — Firefighters in Westboro say a dog helped save the day during a fire overnight. The dog made a family aware of a fire in their house which “likely contributed to safe evacuation,” the department wrote on Facebook.

Crews responded to the Glen Street home early Friday. Flames caused significant damage to the back of it.

According to firefighters, the dog alerted family members about the fire before smoke detectors went off.

No injuries were reported.

CBSBoston.com Staff