BOSTON (CBS) – Acclaimed chef and Boston native Carl Dooley joins New England Living Host Rachel Holt in the Clarke Sub-Zero and Wolf Test Kitchen. Dooley demonstrates how to kick up your next meal with a spicy seafood dish you easily create at home.
Serves 2-4 peopleREAD MORE: NH Family Thankful For Amazon Driver's Act Of Kindness Caught On Doorbell Camera
5 pound bag of mussels, rinsed and drained
1 link of dry chorizo, sliced thin coins
4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
1 onion, sliced thin
2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp chili flakes
2 tbsp cumin seeds
Pinch of safron
1 cup white wine
14 oz can of chopped tomatoes
14 oz can of garbanzo beans
Chopped preserved lemon
Chopped pickled or roasted peppers
Extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
Crunchy Bread for serving
1. Cook the chorizo in a bit of olive oil until rendered a bit. Add the onions and garlic. Cook for a minute until tender.READ MORE: Northeastern's Planned Expansion Has Nahant Neighbors Divided
2. Add the spice and bloom in the pan with the meat and veggies.
3. Add the white wine, tomatoes, and garbanzo beans. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the mussels and cover with lid. Cook until mussels are fully opened, about 4 minutes.
5. Top with preserved lemon, pickled peppers, a good drizzle of olive oil.
6. Serve with cilantro and good toast.MORE NEWS: 6 Mass Vaccination Sites Will Open To People Without Appointments As State Prepares To Vaccinate Children