By Tiffany Chan

EVERETT (CBS) – Heart stopping surveillance video shows two people clinging onto the hood of a moving car in an act of road rage in Everett.

Prosecutors say 21-year-old Jakyrah Pires hit a scooter from behind on Broadway on Tuesday, knocking two riders onto her car as bystanders were watching in awe.

“The boyfriend was yelling on the street – he was crying. He was like ‘oh my god, they took my girlfriend,’” said Nathan St. Fort Colin, a witness.

rage Video Shows People Clinging To Hood Of Car In Apparent Road Rage Incident

Video shows scooters on hood of car in Everett (Surveillance image)

Those who saw the incident unfold said Pires kept driving with the man and woman on her car through at least two stop lights before they fell off onto the road.

Asaad Alsaray watched the road rage unfold from his car. “I’m sick to my stomach seeing all the time – hit and run. So I said I have to get her,” said Alsaray.

He followed the driver for miles, leading police to an arrest in Medford. “I told her to stop. She said, ‘why are you following me?’ I told her, ‘you hit the people and run and that’s not the right way to do.’ She didn’t care – she drove away,” said Alsaray.

driver2 Video Shows People Clinging To Hood Of Car In Apparent Road Rage Incident

Jakyrah Pires (WBZ-TV)

Pires’ lawyer said, in court, that she feared for her safety after the driver of the scooter began banging on her car. She pleaded not guilty to assault with a deadly weapon (car), leaving the scene of personal injury and operating to endanger. The judge ordered her not to drive, and she’s due back in Malden District Court on October 25.

The pair on the scooter walked away with minor scratches and bruises.

Tiffany Chan

Comments (24)
  1. Benny Roseland says:

What a couple of privileged white people thinking they can just hop on a black woman’s car and get a free ride up the street. They should be arrested. /s

2. Hector Taylor says:

Scooter lives matter.

3. James Stoffaire says:

The driver was inthralled listening to her western music CD titled “Boot Scoot Bogie”

4. Samuel Green says:

This girl reminds me of a 17 year old Hispanic girl that ran me over and put me inches from death. I survived the military, only to have this young women run me over at speed adjacent to the supermarket parking lot.

She hit me so hard, my left leg dented her vehicle. and my bones littered the road. I realize accidents happen, the state fined her for reckless driving, and she paid a $67 fine and I sat in a hospital for more than a year in traction, she never so much as said; I’m sorry.

If I ran someone over and it was completely my fault, I’d have apologized. This young woman in this article reminds me of the young woman that destroyed my aviation career.

5. Bill Blaylock says:

Jakyrah Pires – all you need to hear

6. Kneave Riggall says:

Hip, Hip, Hoorah for Assad. A good citizen and brave man. He chased down and confronted a felon.

7. John Oakman says:

But of course.

8. Yehuda Clinton says:

Criminal driving offence in Canada visit lcp-law.com and fight it.

9. Mike O'Connor says:

people like this “Jakyrah Pires”, seem not to embrace civilization like those who assimilate.
    and they are often the ones causing vehicular violence.

Immigrant reprobates like her should be watched closely, at the least she should NOT be allowed to EVER drive again in THIS country. PERIOD.

10. Timothy Ryan says:

Just looking, and….yep!

11. I like most others was totally surprised to see that this was a person of color doing this. I expected it to be the typical white heterosexual toxic masculine Christian male that cause so much harm. I bet that the actual perpetrator was indeed a white heterosexual Russian male agent working for Trump dressed like an innocent woman of color trying to make minorities who never commit crimes look bad.

12. Gil Stonebarger says:

just keep your heads firmly buried in the sand and ignore what your eyes see EVERYDAY

13. Cyndy Lou says:

is there a reason why this story didn’t identify race? I only ask because NO color was identified. If its not important for this story then don’t report it for others.

14. Brian Patrick Corcoran says:

When confronted by a journalist outside the courtroom Ms. Jakyrah Pires stated in her defense, “I dindunuffin bad. I jus’ clobbed some Honkie mufuggus and dun gived ’em a ride.”

15. Luis Martinez says:

Human stupidity knows no bounds.