BOSTON (CBS) — The Patriots head to New Jersey to take on the New York Jets on Sunday, a battle for first place in the AFC East.
Here are some news, notes and fun facts ahead of the tilt:READ MORE: Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski Add To Historic Total With Another Playoff Touchdown Connection
– Sunday is the 117th meeting between the Patriots and Jets, with New England holding a 61-54-1 record against their division rival.
– This will be the Patriots’ first AFC East opponent of the season. It’s the latest they’ll face a division foe since the 2005 season, when they had to wait until Week 8 to take on an AFC East team.
– Since 2001, the Pats are 76-22 against AFC East opponents.
– Bill Belichick owns a 78-28 record against AFC East opponents, including a 23-10 record against the Jets.
– Tom Brady is 23-6 against the Jets during the regular season. He is 71-18 as a starter against the AFC East.READ MORE: Uxbridge School Athletic Center Being Dedicated In Memory Of Holy Cross Rower Grace Rett
– The Pats QB is staring down another career milestone. A win on Sunday will be Brady’s 187th victory in the regular season, breaking his tie with Peyton Manning and Bret Favre for the most ever by a quarterback.
– Brady has thrown for over 300 yards in each of his last four games.
– The Patriots have won their last 10 road games during regular season play.
– Chris Hogan now has a career high 5 touchdown receptions for the season. He has found the end zone in each of the last four games.
– Stephen Gostkowski is a perfect 12-for-12 on field goals for the season.MORE NEWS: Port Of Boston Welcomes 'Ever Fortune,' Its Biggest Container Ship Ever
Tune in to Patriots-Jets Sunday afternoon on 98.5 The Sports Hub and WBZ-TV — the flagship stations of the New England Patriots. Pregame begins on 98.5FM at 10am with Patriots Preview, with full postgame coverage after the game. Tune in to Patriots GameDay on WBZ-TV at 11:30am, with Patriots 5th Quarter on myTV38 following the game.