BOSTON (CBS) –The Ravens are a great villain for the Patriots, and the two will add another chapter to their rivalry with everyone watching on Monday night.
When these two teams square off, it’s more probable than not that you’re going to get a good game. Here’s a few notes and fun facts heading into Monday night’s showdown:
– The Pats are 7-1 against the Ravens in the regular season, which includes a 4-0 record at home.
– Tom Brady is 5-1 against the Ravens in the regular season (he’s 2-2 against Baltimore in the playoffs).
– Brady is 14-6 on Monday Night Football with 44 touchdown passes — good for fourth all-time on Monday Night Football.
– Bill Belichick is 16-7 on Monday Night Football as head coach of the Patriots. He’s led the Pats to an 8-1 record at home on MNF.
– The Patriots are 7-1 on Monday Night Football at home, and haven’t lost on Monday night in Foxboro since 2005.
– Belichick has some deep ties to the Baltimore football, growing up in Annapolis, Maryland. His first NFL gig was as a special teams assistant with the Baltimore Colts in 1975.
– As a team, the Patriots have thrown just one interception this season. The fewest interceptions thrown in an NFL season is five.
– Since 2007, Brady is 62-6 in the regular season at home.
– LeGarrette Blount needs 43 yards to reach 1,000 rushing yards on the year. It would be the 15th time in team history that the Patriots have had a 1,000-yard rusher in a season.
– James White is third among running backs this season with 47 receptions.
– The Pats have scored on their first offensive possession of the game seven times this season.
– The Patriots have won 23 straight regular season home games against non-division AFC opponents.
– The Pats have won 85 straight home games when leading at halftime.