WRENTHAM (CBS)– An employee was badly burned following a pizza oven explosion in the Uno Pizzeria & Grill restaurant at the Wrentham Premium Outlets.

Emergency crews responded to the restaurant shortly after 1p.m. on Sunday.

READ MORE: Kyle Van Noy Hosts Christmas Party For Foster Children In Need

Fire officials told WBZ-TV a can of non-stick cooking spray may have fallen onto the pizza oven’s conveyor, causing a flash fire. The explosion blew out the doors of the oven.

“Fortunately, there was no secondary fire,” Wrentham Fire Chief Jay McMorrow told WBZ-TV. “The gentleman that was working as a cook in the kitchen, he did suffer the exposure to the heat.”

READ MORE: 'Get Vaccinated And Get Boosted': Gov. Baker Pushes COVID Shots In Brockton

The employee was rushed to the hospital with first and second degree burns.

Another employee was treated at the restaurant but was not taken to the hospital.

MORE NEWS: Car Involved In Holbrook Crash Was Stolen From Amazon Driver, Police Say

The restaurant reopened a short time later with limited food service.