SOUTHBRIDGE (CBS) – A man torched a police cruiser and then celebrated before getting arrested, investigators said.

Southbridge police said 45-year-old Arthur Burnham went to their parking lot around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, dumped gasoline on an unoccupied police cruiser and then set it on fire.

READ MORE: Jury Selection Begins In Trial Of Thomas Latanowich, Charged With Killing Yarmouth Police Sgt. Sean Gannon
Arthur Burnham. (Photo credit: Southbridge Police)

Arthur Burnham. (Photo credit: Southbridge Police)

“He was just jumping up and down, waving his arms in the air and saying ‘Let it burn, let it burn,’” said Deputy Chief Shane Woodsoon.

Burnham made statements that police were responsible for taking away his three children.

But Woodson said the department was not aware of Burnham having three children.

The deputy chief said Burnham was kicked out of his house by his wife after struggles with heroin and depression. He had been living in the woods in Southbridge since that time.

READ MORE: Northeastern Requiring All Faculty, Staff To Be Vaccinated For Fall Semester
A video still image of the Southbridge police cruiser fire. (Image credit: Obdulio Escobar-Facebook)

A video still image of the Southbridge police cruiser fire. (WBZ-TV)

Burnham was taken into custody and charged with arson and malicious destruction of property.

Southbridge police said Burnham has threatened to kill officers in the last several months, naming specific members of the force.

Watch: Raw Video Of Fire and Arrest

Police told WBZ-TV he has had 16 “interactions” with them this year, including an incident where he entered their lobby and threatened the person behind the protective glass at the entrance.

Burnham is being held without bail and will be back in court on July 6 for a dangerousness hearing.

MORE NEWS: Baker 'Really Anxious' To Find Out What Happened In MBTA Green Line Crash

“I’m actually shocked that he didn’t get any burns because he was very close to the cruiser when it went up in flames,” said Woodson.