CHELSEA (CBS) – A Chelsea woman was rescued from her third floor apartment after a Saturday morning fire that displaced several residents.
Flames broke out at 160 Broadway around 6 a.m. in a building that is across from the Chelsea Police Department.READ MORE: 3 Massachusetts Counties Improve To 'Substantial' On CDC COVID Risk Map
The building includes a florist on the first floor and apartments on the second and third floors.
When firefighters arrived they learned a woman was trapped on the top floor. Crews reached the woman and found her laying on a bedroom floor covered in soot, fire officials told WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe.
The woman was trapped by a wall of fire, so firefighters pushed the flames back, dragged the woman out of the room and brought her down the stairs to a waiting ambulance.READ MORE: First Evacuees From Afghanistan Arrive In Massachusetts
She was taken to Mass General Hospital, though her condition was not immediately available.
Three residents also safely escaped the fire.
One firefighter slipped on the ice near the building and was transported to Mass General. Two other firefighters suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene.MORE NEWS: 9 Hurt At Back Bay MBTA Station After Escalator Malfunction
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reports