BOSTON (CBS) — Here are a couple of former Patriots players around the league that could have helped the team Sunday in Miami:
– Linebacker Brandon Spikes played okay for the Buffalo Bills in their win against the Chicago Bears. He played in 52 of 74 defensive snaps and had a quarterback sack. As usual, Spikes was very disruptive among the defensive line with six total tackles — one of those for a loss.
– Defensive lineman Tommy Kelly played and played well for the Arizona Cardinals. He was a main stay on their defensive line, playing 47 of 61 snaps. Kelly was credited for a hit on quarterback Philip Rivers, and had a couple of tackles. The Chargers only had 52 yards on the ground and that was with 24 attempts. Kelly helped clog the middle in the Cardinals defensive line and the Pats could have definitely used that against the Miami backs on Sunday.
– Guard Logan Mankins had little effect in Tampa’s game against the Panthers. He got hurt early and had to leave the game, and never returned.
Follow Levan Reid on Twitter @LevanReid.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Aaron Rodgers Hopes To Play At 40, Says Tom Brady Is ‘Rewriting The Book’
- Papa John Roasts Roger Goodell For Being Roger Goodell, In A Perfectly Appropriate ‘NFL In 2018’ Story Development
- Tony Romo Picks Jaguars-Packers Super Bowl, Tom Brady Says ‘We Will See!’
- Ben McAdoo Doesn’t Think Nate Solder Is A Good Player, Doubts Eagles Can Handle Success