BOSTON (CBS) — Everyone is ready for kickoff, but here are a few news and notes before the Patriots get their 2014 season underway in Miami.
– The Pats are looking for their 11th straight opening day win. The Pats are 4-3 against the Dolphins on opening day.READ MORE: 'Rally Against Replacement' At St. Vincent Hospital Hosted By Reps. Trahan, McGovern
– Tom Brady 11-1 as a starting quarterback on opening day. That’s the best record among any starting quarterback in the Super Bowl Era.
– This is the 98th time overall the Patriots and the Dolphins will square off. Miami leads the series 51-46.
– Since Belichick has been the HC of the NEP, New England is 18-10 against the Dolphins.
– Belichick has led the Patriots to 13 consecutive winning records, and has 11 straight seasons of at least 10 wins.
– Tom Brady is 17-7 overall against Miami, but 6-6 in games played in South Beach.READ MORE: New Bedford Man Dies After Shooting Outside Convenience Store
– Brady is 59-14 in his career as a starter in regular season games against AFC East opponents.
– Brady has lead the Pats to 148 regular season wins, tying him with John Elway for third all-time among starting quarterbacks.
– Julian Edelman finished last season with 105 receptions, joining Wes Welker and Troy Brown as the only Patriots to reach 100 receptions in a season.
– Rob Gronkowski has caught at least one pass in all 50 regular season games that he’s played in.
– Since Robert Kraft took over the team the Patriots are 238-115, including the postseason.
Follow Levan Reid on Twitter @LevanReid.MORE NEWS: 3 Fisherman Rescued From Sinking Boat Off Cape Cod
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
[display-posts category=”patriots” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4?”]