PEMBROKE, NH (CBS) – A fire inside a Pembroke, New Hampshire kennel killed 15 dogs and two cats early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out inside the boarding kennel at Hemlock Hill Farm.READ MORE: Report: Sen. Elizabeth Warren Says She Is Running For Re-Election In 2024
The fire department says, by the time they arrived, the building was engulfed by flames, and there was no way to save the animals.READ MORE: NASA Wallops Rocket Launch Now Scheduled For Sunday Night
The kennel’s owner said all of her records were destroyed in the fire. She has no way of getting in touch with the owners.
As of Thursday, a number of owners had no idea their pets had died. Many were believed to still be on vacation.MORE NEWS: Obama Family Announces Death Of Family Dog Bo
Investigators think the fire was accidental. They suspect a ventilation fan may have sparked the fire.