By Staff

FALMOUTH (CBS) — A man arrested by Falmouth officers and taken to the police station after a fight outside a local restaurant collapsed and later died at the hospital, authorities say.

Cape & Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe said police on patrol saw a fight in front of Anejo Mexican Bistro on Main Street around 12:15 a.m. Friday. An officer attempted to break up a fight between two men, O’Keefe said.

READ MORE: Coronavirus In Massachusetts: Today's Developments

Bruce Enos, 30, and Jarrod Scott-Reynolds, 32, were both arrested and taken to the Falmouth police station.

Bruce Enos (WBZ-TV)

“Once at the station Enos collapsed,” O’Keefe said. “Falmouth Police immediately attended to him and summonsed Falmouth Rescue. Rescue responded and transported Enos to Falmouth Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.”

A police report said Thursday night started at the Quahog Republic when a fight broke out between Enos and Scott-Reynolds, who knew each other. They got kicked out and moved to Anejo restaurant in downtown Falmouth when yet another fight between the men started outside the restaurant.

READ MORE: Wednesday's Child: 14-year-old Andrea

The Enos family released a statement saying, “This should not have happened. It is a tragic loss. There is so much more than what is being disclosed.”

They’re demanding answers because they say the death just doesn’t make sense.

Bruce Enos’s uncle was at a loss for words. “Family man. Loved his mom and dad and his brother was his best friend,” he told WBZ. “It’s just not the type of kid never in trouble, didn’t smoke, didn’t do any drugs.”

His uncle says Enos had business goals and family goals for his future, cut short by a puzzling tragedy.

“I’m heartbroken because he’s my nephew and I know how good of a kid he is, and to know what my brother and my sister-in-law are going through, I can’t even possibly imagine the pain,” he said.

MORE NEWS: Natick elementary school custodian saves student choking in cafeteria

This incident is still being investigated by State Police detectives, the district attorney, and the medical examiner. Staff