By CBSBoston.com Staff

TYNGSBORO (CBS) — Two women were found dead inside their home in Tyngsboro on Saturday. Police say there were dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in the Mascuppic Trail house when firefighters responded around 10:45 a.m.

As of Saturday night, officials are still determining what caused the high levels of carbon monoxide.

READ MORE: Nantucket Issues Indoor Mask Mandate After Emergency Meeting

First responders discovered the 91-year-old woman and a 38-year-old woman. Their identities have not been released at this time.

READ MORE: Rain Totals: Who Has The Most For August 5?

Neighbors told WBZ-TV it was the homeowner and her caretaker that were discovered.

“We saw the gas truck earlier, when we came back. They said it was the caregiver, she was 38, and the older woman who she takes care of, 91,” said one neighbor. “Carbon monoxide, that’s all we know. We went out and bought another carbon monoxide detector because we were a little worried.”

MORE NEWS: Massachusetts COVID Tests Double With Cases And Anxiety On The Rise

Firefighters spent hours airing out this home as National Grid workers went door to door checking on nearby carbon monoxide detectors.

CBSBoston.com Staff