BOSTON (CBS) – New coronavirus restrictions in Massachusetts are set to take effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday.

Read: New Restrictions List

The new state guidelines include everyone over the age of 5 must now wear a mask in public even when you’re six feet away from others; staying at home between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., unless you’re traveling for work or to the grocery store; and limiting gatherings at homes to ten people inside and 25 people outside.

Some businesses will be required to close by 9:30 p.m. including gyms, casinos, liquor stores, movie theaters, zoos and museums.

Restaurants will be allowed to stay open past 9:30 p.m. but only for takeout.

Indoor and outdoor events at homes must also end by 9:30 p.m.

As of last week, 121 communities in Massachusetts are now considered high risk for coronavirus.

Comments (20)
  1. JimStark says:

For people who don’t understand time, that is Midnight Thursday.

2. Johnny says:

People will still be doing whatever they were doing two weeks ago. It’s just the war between the left and right “mask nuts” will escalate even further.

3. Voter Who Voted says:

Congratulations Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

1. Another voter who voted says:

True

2. Meg says:

RIDICULOUS!!!! Control, control, control!!!! I won’t do it!!! I haven’t done it for 7 1/2 months so why should I now!!!!!!

1. Cera Lyn says:

I will NOT wear a mask outdoors!!!!!! And I will be damned if he thinks he’s telling me what we’re doing in our home!- if we have a gathering in my home, we WILL end it when we chose to!!! Whether its midnight or 2 am- go to hell Baker (D) you sure as hell are not a Republican!

3. Borg Cube says:

The Dementia Patient and the communist from India/Bangladesh (who claims to be black when she’s not) didn’t win yet. Trump will pull it off.

4. Mol says:

No masks for me outdoors. I’m not exercising or walking my dog in a mask. That is my stress relief and I want to breathe the fresh air. He has over stepped his bounds. Im so done with this garbage and his wishywashy pick and choose.u
    He’s robbing the kids of sports.what do you think they should be doing? He doesn’t even care about the harm he has been doing to them long term. It’s so WRONG.

5. Locutus says:

I will not comply. Der Fuhrer is out of control

6. Borg Cube says:

“The new state guidelines include everyone over the age of 5 must now wear a mask in public even when you’re six feet away from others…” Too bad, won’t happen. My mask is off when outside, just stay 6 feet away from me. I’ll twirl my mask on my finger. Call a cop. Kiss my face. This is a huge attempt to decrease the population in America from Climate Change clowns.

7. Borg Cube says:

Total Molecular Tests in the Commonwealth: 6,461,311. Total Population in the Commonwealth (as of July 2019): 6,892,503 Who are they testing, Rocky and Bullwinkle? The Dept of Health are running out of residents to test….but keep increasing the numbers. And don’t forget who infected the elderly during the first wave—–“I blanked it” Charlie Baker.

8. Judy Themelis says:

I’m not wearing a mask if I’m outside in my yard . Plus if I’m taking a walk I won’t be wearing one
    then either. I’ll keep six feet away from people or wear a mask but not when there’s nobody near me, out in public ,I can’t breathe.end of story!

9. Peter Samuel says:

Wow what a bunch of crybabies!

10. Johnny says:

No Sir, no crying here. The only crying that will be going on is when I am outdoors walking with no mask on and you walk by going in the other direction and start whining like a baby and break out your smart phone for footage and somehow think someone, somewhere, is going to do anything about it. The harsh reality of life, somehow thinking the person standing next to you cares anything about the way you feel.

11. Maureen says:

Does COVID only come out after 9:30???? That’s putting more businesses that are already struggling closer to the brink of closure

12. Doug says:

Ma is such a liberal wasteland. So glad I move to FL. Free country here.

13. Assuncao roxo says:

I do not think it was a communist country. Not interested in going back.

14. Mike Parker says:

What has the USA become? Unbelievable! 👎

15. Stick Man says:

If Mass voters start to vote a little differently, the politicians will notice. Until then they feel invincible. Sadly they don’t really care what you think, only how you vote. That is assuming the elections aren’t rigged, which nowadays is extremely questionable. We seem to be living in a house of cards that could collapse at any moment.