BOSTON (CBS) – There are changes coming to the WBZ-TV anchor desk. Starting Monday, August 24, Liam Martin will be joining the WBZ This Morning team, and Anaridis Rodriguez will join the WBZ Evening News anchor team.

Liam, currently co-anchor of the 5:30pm and 10pm newscasts, will now co-anchor the weekday morning newscasts (4:30 – 7am) with Kate Merrill.

Anaridis will expand her current role from reporter/anchor, to co-anchor of the weekday 5:30pm newscast with Paula Ebben. She will also anchor the 10pm WBZ-TV newscast on WSBK-TV.

“The new assignments are a testament to the hard work and credibility of two outstanding journalists,” said Mark Lund, WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV President and General Manager. “Liam’s experience and expertise, along with his understanding of Boston, make him a great addition to the morning team. Anaridis is a solid journalist, who is a trusted and respected figure within our community… a wonderful addition to our evening team.”

Martin, a native of the South Shore, joined WBZ-TV in 2015 as an evening anchor and reporter.

Rodriguez, a native of the Dominican Republic, joined WBZ-TV in 2017 from The Weather Channel in Atlanta.

Comments (14)
  1. David J Manning says:

Nope. You had a good combo in Liam and Paula. Goodbye 5:30 newscast for me!

1. Candace Crocker says:

I totally agree with you!

2. Jeannette Sanders says:

Still want Chris McKinnon back. He had the best personality with Kate.

3. Marge says:

In the years I have followed WBA’s news, there have been many changes, both in anchors and weather people, I’m assuming most have been money driven. Certainly most not personalities as most were well liked and did good jobs!

4. tom truax says:

Chris McKinnon rocked! Why is he gone? He & Kate made my mornings, Anarides sucks.

5. John says:

Yes I liked Chris and Kate. Are the viewers even considered when making changes at WBZ? Maybe it time for me to make a change. John

6. Sharyn Kelly says:

Please bring back Chris McKinnon!

7. Patricia Goodro says:

Time to make changes in my world. Loved Chris! Good people never stay. Why is tha?

8. Linda Kennedy says:

Where’s Chris?

9. Kathleen Camuso says:

Bring Chris back
    I watch him on 7 now

10. Donna M says:

I agree with just about all the previous comments. Love love love Chris and Kate together. They blend so well together. I am still scratching my head on this break up. What hurricane blew that action in anyway WBZ? As for Liam, he’s one of my favorites… while he is definitely great partnered with Paula, he will be awesome anywhere he lands. BZ- take note, its not that we hate change, it’s that if ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

11. Joe Downey says:

Admired that Chris added his challenged Cousin in Station Promo. Seldom do you see that in Perfect Lives TV. C’mon management at Wells ave see if you can break his Contract Nice guys finish last it seems

12. Joe D. says:

I can’t figure out how you’re suppose to be loyal to WBZ. When you get use to a news team their owners lay people off to cut back. The morning news has been a total mess since Chris left with all the substitutions the last few months. I watch the weekend news on Channel 7 and glad to see he’s there now. Hate to say it but I now have my cable box programmed to turn onto channel 5 every morning no longer channel 4 for my news.

13. Elsa says:

I can’t believe you let Chris go. I have been hoping he was just temporarily “laid off” or furloughed, however that turns out not to be the case. I switched stations immediately when I found out he was not coming back. I did however tune in the other day when I learned a new host was going to join Kate. I tried to like him, but he’s absolutely NO replacement for Chris, so again I am switching my morning viewing. I was so glad to learn Chris has landed another job in Boston. Now I will watch him on Channel 7 on the weekends. Thank you Joe D. for that information.
    I agree with Tomtruax….Anaridis is unwatchable, and Tom’s word describes her very well.