KINGSTON (CBS) — A charging hoverboard started a fire in Kingston Saturday night. This is the second fire in Massachusetts sparked by a charging hoverboard in about a month.

“Hoverboard fires were a national problem in 2016 after many were received as holiday gifts in 2015. They are powered by lithium-ion batteries and must now be compliant with national safety standards,” said a statement from the Kingston Fire Department.

READ MORE: Woman Charged In Rochester, New Hampshire Hit-And-Run That Seriously Injured Jogger

The fire on Country Club Way in Kingston was put out by a fire extinguisher. The hoverboard had been charging on the third floor with a new charging cording when the battery pack exploded, according to the fire department.

A hoverboard in Kingston sparked a fire Saturday (Photo Via Christine Spano Egan)

READ MORE: Moderna, Johnson And Johnson Booster Shots Up For CDC Panel Review, Vote Thursday

“Use only chargers supplied with the hoverboard or by the manufacturer. Only charge a hoverboard when you are there to watch it and do not charge unattended, especially overnight. Overcharging can cause a fire,” said Kingston Fire Chief Mark Douglass.  

No one was hurt. About $10,000 was done in damages.

On April 9, a hoverboard fire in Andover displaced fire people. The damages are estimated at $325,000.

MORE NEWS: 'Hocus Pocus 2' Crews Spotted Filming At Providence School

For more information on hoverboard safety or how to check if the UL listing is legitimate, go to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s webpage.