PLYMOUTH (CBS) – A 58-year-old man has died following an afternoon fire on Raymond Road in Plymouth.

About 1 p.m. Saturday, the Plymouth Fire Department received multiple 911 calls from neighbors reporting smoke from a second-floor window in the home.

READ MORE: Man Can't Get Heart Transplant Because He's Not Vaccinated Against COVID

The fire started in a second-floor bedroom and never left that room.

When rescue crews arrived, they found Willian Hunt III, unconscious, in that second-floor bedroom.

READ MORE: Has The Delta Variant Disappeared? Dr. Mallika Marshall Answers Your COVID-19 Questions

“They performed CPR on him. Paramedics took over care while the second crew put out the fire in the home. He was transported to the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Plymouth, but he was pronounced dead.”

Neighbors described Hunt as a great guy and well-known in the neighborhood.

MORE NEWS: I-Team: Senators Demand Independent Review Of Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant

The State Fire Marshal’s office is trying to figure out the cause of the fire, but foul play is not suspected.