ANDOVER (CBS) – Columbia Gas crews have repaired a “serious” natural gas leak at a home in Andover.

Firefighters responded to a Bridle Path Road just before 3 p.m. at the request of Columbia Gas. While conducting a survey of the neighborhood, they received an “extremely high” gas reading outside the home.

The gas meters showed concentrations of about 60 percent. As a result, it was determined there was an immediate hazard at the home.

Columbia Gas crews at an Andover home. (Image Credit: Andover Fire Department)

Columbia Gas believes the source of the leak was a valve or coupling under the front yard.

“The leak was identified and immediately fixed,” Columbia Gas said. “There was no interruption of service and the line is scheduled for replacement.”

No one was home when the high readings were detected. Firefighters and gas workers swept the home and no gas was found.

No evacuations have been ordered.

Andover was among the towns impacted by last year’s Merrimack Valley explosion.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s