BOSTON (CBS) – Six-time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady, as he had his playoff beard shaved off for charity on Thursday, reflected on how wife Gisele Bundchen has used some unconventional methods to help him stay so successful.

“You know I’ve learned a lot from my wife over the years,” Brady said, leaning back in a barber’s chair at Gillette’s World Shaving Headquarters in Boston. “She’s so about the power of intention and believing things that are really going to happen.”

Tom Brady talks about Gisele Bundchen’s influence while getting a shave at Gillette (WBZ-TV)

Brady said Bundchen “always makes a little altar for me at the game because she just wills it so much,” complete with pictures of his children.

“And I have these little special stones and healing stones and protection stones and she has me wear a necklace and take these drops she makes, I say all these mantras,” Brady said. “And I stopped questioning her a long time ago. I just shut up and listen.”

Brady said at first he thought “this is kind of crazy,” but it worked.

“About four years ago we were playing the Seahawks and she said ‘you better listen to me, this is your year, but this is all the things you’re going to have to do to win,’ and I did all those things and by God, you know, it worked,” Brady said.

Bundchen also predicted that 2015 would not be Brady’s year, he remembered, and sure enough that season for the Patriots ended disappointingly in the AFC Championship game.

But early this year, Brady asked if he had a chance to win it all and he got the answer he was seeking.

Tom and Gisele celebrate after Super Bowl LIII. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

“She said, ‘yeah, but you’re going to have to do a lot of work and you’re really going to have to listen to me. So man, I listen to her,” Brady said.

Bundchen was right, of course. Again.

“She said you’re lucky you married a witch – I’m just a good witch,” Brady said.

Comments (92)
  1. Don Rhudy says:

A lot of nonsense! Brady is a winning quarterback—likely the most winning quarterback in NFL history—because he is a good athlete and self-disciplined, and he plays under a great coach who puts together great teams.

2. Walter Kaylin says:

wait until they start drug testing Giselle’s drops and saying its performance enhancing drugs. they hate us cause they aint us. #fn6!

3. Jerry Dean says:

Huh and what about last year against the eagles – did she tell him he was gonna lose?

1. rc33 says:

..and the Eagles season ended over a month ago. Maybe they outta listen to Gisele?

4. Mark Mach says:

Rubber truck alert.

5. Maybe use these powerz for something more important than winning a kid’s game?

1. Jeff Tucker says:

“Maybe use these powerz for something more important than winning a kid’s game?”

Like….”Carrying a bright sword, and going to battle against the Æsir”….that kind of thing?

6. Jason Blankovich says:

Okayyyyyyyy . . . Why do some successful people seem to go wonky? Mr. Brady is a hard working, dedicated athlete who is obsessed with doing everything right. Hard work pays off. Having a front line that keeps you from being slammed into the ground is also part of the formula for keeping healthy and allowing longevity. If Joe Montana hadn’t been injured as much as he was we might be saying today that Mr. Brady has just caught up with him. That ain’t so and nothing can take away the incredible accomplishments of the Patriots over the years. But, wishing and and healing stones and “special drops” aren’t anything but flim flam. Personally I think lots of great sex with his wife has a lot to with success.

1. Lenny Leo says:

Can anyone imagine Tom telling Gigi she’s FOS? Of course he’s gonna say she’s responsible with her “witchcraft” even if he doesn’t buy it.

7. He’s being tongue-in-cheek and playing the audience for comedic effect. He’s not only a master on the football field, moreover, he’s a master working the crowd.

8. Pete Stewart says:

Superstitions are common for all athletes, amateur and professional. It’s a way to help focus on what you’re about to do.

9. Mike says:

Stones my arse. Brady and the Patriots cheat – that’s how they win.

10. Billy Black says:

I played ball from the 2nd grade through the 12 grade. I played ball in collage. All of it through the early 60’s to late 70’s. I’ve been watching the game since the 1st grade. I’ve seen most of the greats in action. I’m telling you that to call Tom Brady the greatest QB to play the game is BS! I’ve seen some great QB’s that NEVER had a winning season. Archie Manning for one. If Manning had been with a good team (like Brady has his entire career) his story would be much much different. Football is a TEAM sport. You are only as good as the guys around you. Being a QB isn’t all about throwing passes. I’ve seen QB’s that were not known for passing a football but they were great leaders, great decision makers under pressure. In my opinion the #1 quality a QB MUST have is leadership. He must be a good leader. All the greats have that ability, leadership. You can’t judge a player just by the amount of SB rings they have, complete BS. There are lots of players that have SB rings that never played a down. To call Tom Brady the greatest QB to play the game is utter BS!

1. Markey Farrell says:

Brady is the uncontested GOAT.
        you must have learned math symbols in a publik skewl.

11. Julie Codi says:

I think he’s putting us on.

12. chefjimmie1 says:

There is no such thing as a “good” witch. All witches get their power from the prince of darkness.

1. Govannon Thunorwulf says:

The “Prince of Darkness” is a Christian concept. There is no purely positive or negative entities.

13. Why even bother to workout and practice? Just keester a healing stone and your good to go!

14. Jimmy Staten says:

I sold my soul to the company store!!!

15. Charles Jones says:

Oh that South American voodoo is still witchcraft…

16. Amy Bernet says:

Retire while you are still in good health! Then go work for NFL Football on Monday Nights!

17. David Coker says:

How many Hail Lucifers does Brady do?

18. Bill Rudnicki says:

Goodell just found another reason to suspend Tom Brady, witchcraft.

19. David K Eberhardt says:

Brady in “a barber’s chair at Gillette’s World Shaving Headquarters in Boston”

Brady just lost my respect.

20. Bob Suyak says:

What a stupid a.s story, probably written by a liberal, disguised as a journalist.

21. The rituals include checking to see if his balls are properly deflated and checking the sideline video of the defensive signals of the upcoming team as well as other rituals we don’t know about because, after all, the Cheatriots are America’s Cheaters.

22. Michael Schuldes says:

…and here I thought it was the same pair of smelly, unwashed socks he wears for every game…

23. Scott Brown says:

Man talks about shutting up and listening to his wife and praying at her alter while sitting in front of a Gillette display?

That is the most cucked thing in the world, I don’t care who he is. lmfao.

24. Mark Stowell says:

If you start out as a 6’4″ strong-armed guy who can throw the ball 70 yards in the air, I’m betting these rituals have a lot better chance of working for you.

25. Charlie Alvarez says:

There is no such thing as a “good witch”. Witchcraft is a sin which the Bible stands against. Read Acts 8:14-25, Galatians 5:20 and I Samuel 15:23.

26. Markey Farrell says:

The Pats, Belichick, and BRADY are just BETTER.
    For all you little kiddies who just can’t cope with the truth. those who still yap about ‘cheaters’ google this: yourteamcheats … youtube watch ?v=csZusmtNzRw

27. Bruce Johnson says:

Not a chance of ever becoming a fan after this info

28. William Michelle de LaChaumette says:

WHERE WERE HIS STONES LAST YEAR?

29. Herb Rapoza says:

Pete Rose is banned from baseball for actions that affected neither a game or a player. belichick has been caught cheating twice, with the potential to affect numerous players and entire team seasons, with only a slap on the wrist. Every patriot win should have an asterisk beside it, with the caveat, “Caution, this team has been known to cheat”.

30. John Earnest says:

It’s not news that even smart people can be really, really dumb about some things.

31. She’s a goddess in all ways. Keep her Tommy.

32. Edmond Day says:

he got the stones all right. welcome back Baal.

33. Well, with Gillette there, it sounds like she has taken control of his balls.

34. GrayEagle48 says:

SRA Satanic Ritual Abuse
    Deuteronomy 18:10-11 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. KJV
    Satanic rituals would include also santoria, voodoo, and all related religions that sacrifice things to a god or gods. Except Judaism & Christianity. It is my opinion that satanic rituals by people are bringing forth demons, Read the full article here. Must scroll down a bit.

35. Whatever it takes for the Patriots to win, their fans should be grateful. Here in Detroit, the playoffs are watched by the Lions from their living rooms.