GARDNER (CBS) – A man thawing frozen pipes in a home in Gardner accidentally set the house on fire Tuesday morning.

Flames broke out in the two-and-a-half story home on Greenwood Street around 9 a.m.

The fire at this home in Gardner was started when a resident tried to thaw out frozen pipes. (WBZ-TV)

No one was hurt, but the bitter cold made it difficult for firefighters.

The fire chief told reporters he didn’t know what the homeowner was using to thaw the pipes, but he said if you encounter a similar problem in your home, don’t use a hair dryer or a blow torch. Instead, call a plumber.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s